Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Some BFF projects

I spent almost all of my staycation sewing... and a lot of that sewing was for my BFF, Violet.


That's Violet. She just turned 2, and she is unbelievably awesome. Her parents are friends of ours, but between you and me, they aren't the reason I go to their house anymore (sorry Mina & Taft!).  I made Violet a quilt a few years ago before she was born, and when her little sister was born this summer, we know she'd need one too.


This quilt is a mix of quilting cottons, minky, felt, and chenille. The result is an incredibly soft, cuddly quilt that was a nightmare to put together. Cue mountains of fuzz, please.


The monkeys are just too sweet.




I love the back -- those are lady bugs. See that white square in the corner? Violet and Lucille's dad, Taft, is the closest thing I'll ever know to a real life rock star. So of course she needed this finishing touch!


I had some extra soft fabric so I made these little "lovies" for the girls. They're 10 inch by 10 inch squares and they're perfect for snuggling.



See? I told you! Violet calls it her "BFF Blanket" when she wants it.


And if you don't believe me that Violet is my BFF... I have proof. Click through to the video - it's short and worth it, I promise!

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful. All the applique is fabulous. You have such a talent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a FABULOUS blanket!
    You are so talented.
    I know your little friend will cherish it for years to come.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - thanks for being a wonderful part of my blogging experience!

You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...