Thursday, September 20, 2012

A visit to Lynn's Paradise Cafe

After our tailgating weekend, we drove from Lexington to Louisville to see my friend Clare. She is recently engaged (yay!) and I hadn't been able to meet her fiance yet. Well, verdict in: he's adorable. And nice. And funny. And all around wonderful. The Nolands approve of this guy!

Clare was in Louisville for a wedding, and she made a reservation for the four of us at Lynn's Paradise Cafe. Have you heard of this place? Apparently it's been on the Oprah Winfrey Show, The Food Network's "Best Of," the Discovery Channel's "Christopher Lowell Show," CBS "Good Morning America," and Food Network's "Throwdown with Bobby Flay."

Needless to say, we had high expectations. And friends, they. were. met.  Aunt Ellen, these pictures are for you. 

How cool is the outside?

A view from our table

Close up of the tree

These are legs.

More legs!

So. So. cool. I wish my license plate said FLY-SWA.

Even their uncool chairs were cool.

Breakfast didn't disappoint either. Zac ordered biscuits and gravy...


and I got a mushroom scramble with a side of MAC and CHEESE. Which yes, they offer as a side at breakfast.


The monstrosity on the right is the mac and cheese. I ate almost no eggs because I was eating so much mac and cheese!


I can't go to Clare's engagement party next weekend, so I brought her a gift. I embroidered their monogram on a dish towel and used it to wrap a newlywed cookbook. Adorable, if I do say so myself!

Me and Clare

We had SUCH a good time with Clare and Chris, and it was so much to visit Lynn's Paradise Cafe. Has anyone else ever been there??

5 comments:

  1. I went to Lynn's with Cat and Paul Chumbley a few years ago and ate myself stupid. That place is a pregnant lady's dream! I should go back now and get some of that mac and cheese breakfast :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad you approve of my soon-to-be husband! and yes, the gift was adorable and we love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We go a few times a year. The Louisville restaurant scene as a whole is pretty freaking fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome post you have here that get my interests to keep coming back this web page to check some of your great works. Keep it up!

    Thank you
    cash back site

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - thanks for being a wonderful part of my blogging experience!

You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...